Stinsford (St. Michael)
St. Michael, Stinsford, 2011.
- Hutchins, J. The history and antiquities of the County of
Dorset, 3rd ed., edited by W. Shipp and J.W. Hodson, Westminster:
J.B. Nichols, 1861-1873.
- Mee, A., ed., Dorset: Thomas Hardy's country. The King's
England. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1939, pp. 233-237.
- Newman, J. and Pevsner, N., The buildings of England: Dorset.
Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1972, p. 398.
- Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England), An inventory
of historical monuments in the County of Dorset, Vol. 3,
Central Dorset. London: HMSO, 1970, pt. 2, pp. 252-253.
- Sackett, T. and Sackett, E., Francis Frith's Dorset Churches.
Salisbury: Frith Book Co., 2000, p. 60.
Current church guides (available 2011):
C. J. P. Beatty, Guide to St. Michael, Stinsford [ca. 1981].
Timothy Hands, Thomas Hardy & Stinsford Church (Stinsford PCC, 1992).
3: Treble, 1927 (recast of a 15th century bell); 2nd, Thomas Purdue, 1663; Tenor, 1616.
Thomas Hardy and Stinsford Church:
Thomas Hardy's grave, Stinsford churchyard
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael Day,
Last updated: 28 November 2011.