South Perrott (St. Mary)
St. Mary's Church, South Perrott, Dorset
Located on the A365 close to the Dorset border near Crewkerne and its Somerset neighbour North Perrott, South Perrott is a stone village in the
River Parrett valley. The Church of St Mary has a central flat topped tower and Newman and Pevnser note that externally all is Perpendicular.
- John Hutchins, The history and antiquities of the County of
Dorset, 3rd ed., edited by William Shipp and James Whitworth Hodson,
Westminster: J.B. Nichols and Sons, 1861-1873.
- Arthur Mee, ed., Dorset: Thomas Hardy's country. The King's
England. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1939, p. 228.
- John Newman and Nikolaus Pevsner, The buildings of England:
Dorset. Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1972, p. 394.
- Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England), An inventory
of historical monuments in the County of Dorset, Vol. 1, West Dorset.
London: HMSO, 1952, pp. 176-177.
6, 6-2-7 in Bb.
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael Day,
Last updated: 9 June 2010.