Melbury Osmond (St. Osmund)
The Church of St. Osmund, Melbury Osmond (June 2010)
- Hutchins, J. The history and antiquities of the County of
Dorset, 3rd ed., edited by W. Shipp and J.W. Hodson, Westminster:
J.B. Nichols, 1861-1873, Vol. x.
- Mee, A., ed., Dorset: Thomas Hardy's country. The King's
England. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1939, pp. 151-152.
- Newman, J. and Pevsner, N. The buildings of England: Dorset.
Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1972, p. 273.
- Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England), An inventory
of historical monuments in the County of Dorset, Vol. 1, West Dorset.
London: HMSO, 1952, pp. 159-160.
- Sackett, T. and Sackett, E., Francis Frith's Dorset Churches.
Salisbury: Frith Book Co., 2000, p. 90.
Church guide (available 2010):
Melbury Osmond: its Church and people by J.C. Townsend. Bridport: Creeds the Printers, 1992 (ca. 1960).
16 pp. booklet.
6, 10 cwt. in G.
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael Day,
Last updated: 18 June 2010.