St. George's Church, Jumpers Road, Christchurch
Part of the parish of Christchurch Priory, the daughter Church of St. George emerged from a Sunday School opened in this area of the parish in the 1890s. An initial temporary building was replaced by a second-hand tin church (brought from Brighton) in 1909, while the current building was dedicated in 1928 by the Bishop of Winchester (Theodore Woods).
According to the parish Web site, the turret was rebuilt in 1933 to take a new bell 3.5 cwt (180 kg), made by Messrs John Taylor & Co.
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael Day, Last updated: 13 January 2012.